Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chocolate Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats

Chocolate Lucky Charms = where's it's at. It's probable that you won't find this cereal at your regular grocery store (unless you are cool with the generic brand). However, I was lucky (heh) enough to discover that Walgreen's carries it.


To each his or her own with the specifics to this recipe. I tend to use less butter than most only because it's nicer to my tummy.

Here's my usual ratio:

6 cups cereal
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 T Butter

Melt the butter. Add the mallows and melt them up, too. Mix in the cereal. Slap it in a baking dish
(grease the dish with shortening to allow for ease of removal).


I find that non-stick aluminum foil is great for smashing the gooey mix into the pan (fyi, only one side of the foil is non-stick). Let 'em cool. Slice and serve. Blam!


Oh, never put these bad boys in the fridge. Dries them out. And the longer you leave them out to cool, the less gooey they will be. So if you like yours a bit softer (I know I do), cut and store them sooner.

Also, you can see that most of the marshmallows from the cereal are intact; however, they do melt to some extent. I haven't tried it this way, but you could see if they hold up better if you freeze the cereal for a while beforehand. Beats me what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment