Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had one banana left from Emily's house, so I needed to make something else. Beats me if this is the actual recipe I used, but who's to say it wasn't. They were tasty. Again, these cookies, along with the bread turned me towards bananas.

I have a friend in my church community group who has gone gluten-free because of a gluten allergy. I made these with her in mind, but she wasn't able to attend that week's bible study. Oh well. I'll find another gf cookie recipe to make for next time.



Flourless PB Banana Choc Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1c peanut butter
  • 1c sugar
  • 1 small-medium very ripe banana, mashed or pureed
  • 1t baking soda
  • 1/2t vanilla
  • 3/4c chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix everything except the chocolate chips in a food processor until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  2. Using moistened hands, form generous 1 tablespoon (use more if you want bigger cookies) dough for each cookie into ball. Arrange on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.
When making PB cookies, greasing the cookie sheet is definitely unnecessary. Then again, I pretty much always use parchment paper, so I guess for me it doesn't matter. Like I said, these were tas-tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment