I had a few ideas in my head and realized that I had a meta-dessert theme happening, each treat more intense than the last. We'll start with Friday nights concoction and move on from there.
I've make these cake bars a couple of times before only using Rolos, but this time around Kyle suggested adding in some Reese's Pieces. Good call, sucka. The original recipe was from Allrecipes.com; however, I totally followed the recipe incorrectly the first time. It turned out so well that I just continued to make it my way. So no need to link to anything else.
This picture isn't the greatest, but it's going to have to do.
Reese's Rolo Cake BarsIngredients
- 1pkg yellow cake mix
- 2/3c sweetened condensed milk (I used fat-free)
- 1/4c melted butter
- 36 Rolos, halved
- 1/2 to 3/4c Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 pan.
- Mix together cake mix, milk and butter.
- Smash half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10-15 minutes (until golden brown).
- Remove pan from oven and press Rolos, cut-side down, into the warm cake. Then, evenly pour Reese's Pieces over the cake.
- Crumble the rest of the cake mixture over of the Rolos and Reese's Pieces. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes until cake mix is baked through.
- Cool cake and cut into bars to serve.
Oh my gosh these things are awesome. They are all crunchy and gooey and crumbly at the same time. I think they were a good start to the weekend. They got rave reviews and were polished off quickly.