Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

I should really start posting non-baking dishes. For instance, these cookies we an ending to a fabulous Chicken Pot Pie with a side of Cranberry Relish. Again, it's the season for pumpkin, so expect a few more pumpkin-y recipes from me before winter hits.

I was looking for something easy, not too sweet and not super bad for you. I think these cookies did the trick. The recipe uses a pre-made oatmeal cookie mix, so I basically just had to throw in a few ingredients and then whatever mix-ins I desired.

I found this recipe via Libby's (providers of pure pumpkin puree). Did you like the alliteration there? Just showing my folks that the money they poured into my English degree is paying off.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1pkg. oatmeal cookie mix
  • 1/2c pure pumpkin puree
  • 3T veg oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1c of whatever mix-ins you want. (I chose 1/2c of craisins and 1/2c of white choc. chips.)
Directions
  1. Preheat that oven to 375ยบ F.
  2. Combine cookie mix, pumpkin, oil and egg in large bowl.
  3. Stir in mix-ins.
  4. Drop by tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased (always parchment lined for me) baking sheets.
  5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and set in centers (mine took about 7). Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The boys put a hurtin' on the pot pie, but they (sans Kyle) aren't big on sweets. So the dent in the pile of cookies was relatively insignificant. I took the rest of the cookies along to my Tuesday night Women's Bible Study.

I always want to abbreviate on my calendar as BS...funny, but not accurate. Yes, not appropriate either, but being appropriate, as you might have guessed, is not something I consider a priority.

I got lots of compliments from the ladies on the cookies, but no marriage proposals this time around. Tough crowd.



No comments:

Post a Comment