Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Candy Corn Bark

What do ghosts where when it rains? If you guess "ghoulashes," you would be correct. I would also accept "Boooooooooooooooooooots." High-oh!

This was surprisingly my only Halloween-specific treat this year...so far (I've got a few packs of Halloween Peeps that I'm saving for when we get a Fry Daddy).

Chocolate bark has become popular recently. I think it's a wonderful way to make a quicky (typo and it stays! oh my!) and easy personalized treat. Just melt a bag of your favorite type of chocolate chip; spread it on some wax paper; throw whatever your heart desires atop the chocolate and let it cool.

These particular ingredients had a Halloween flair to them.

Candy Corn Baking Bark

Ingredients
  • 12oz white chocolate chips
  • 1/2c or so pretzels, broken
  • 1/2c or so Oreos, broken
  • 1/2c or so candy corn
  • 1 bottle Halloween-themed sprinkles
Eh, with measuring the mix-ins, you just kind of have to feel things out.

Directions
  1. Make sure all of your mix-ins are ready to go.
  2. Cover baking sheet with sheet of wax paper.
  3. Melt entire bag of chips and pour onto wax paper.
  4. Spread chocolate over wax paper with spatula.
  5. Distribute mix-ins evenly over chocolate and press in.
  6. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, then break apart and enjoy.
Easy to make and even easier to eat. We had a bunch of the college kids from church over on Sunday for crazy pancakes. I have a few leftover mix-ins from that lunch that I might have to throw in to a batch of chocolate bark for next week's trivia night. That's where I took this batch of bark and it was a big hit.

I am actually very interested in trying a handful of different combos of chips and mix-ins. And, yes, both cereal and bacon will be involved. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment