Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chocolate Oreo Cookies

Hurray for meta-cookies! I've made cookies similar to these before with a chocolate chip cookie dough base. These use a chocolate cookie base. Good stuff. Again, I snagged this recipe from How Sweet It Is. I modified it slightly, using white chocolate chips instead of regular because that's how I bounce.


Chocolate Oreo Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1c butter, room temp
  • 1 1/2c sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1t vanilla
  • 2c flour
  • 1/2c cocoa powder
  • 1t baking soda
  • 1/4t salt
  • 1c white chocolate chips
  • 1c crushed Oreo cookies
Directions
  1. Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. 
  2. In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
    Fold in chips and crushed Oreos. 
  4. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours.
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and let that parchment paper flutter down on to the baking sheet like a beautiful butterfly.
  6. Roll into balls or scoop with an your 2t cookie scoop and drop on baking sheet.
    Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
I really enjoyed these cookies, as did everyone I shared them with. They were chewy, yet crunchy. I would suggest only chilling the dough for the minimal time to keep the Oreos as crunchy as possible. I had to chill mine overnight, and I think they might have lost a little crispiness, but not much. I really liked the white chocolate chips in there. Ooooh, I just had an idea... mint Oreos with Andes mints or mint chips up in the cookie. It will be done.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, those cookies sound totally awesome. These cookies definitely have a lot of potential for some yummy variations. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete