Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cracker Jack® Cookies

When I first came across a recipe titled Crackerjack Cookies, I thought "Cracker Jacks in a cookie? What a great idea!" So I read through the recipe: butter, flour, both kinds of sugar...

Wait...

Guess what ingredient these cookies lacked. Yup, Cracker Jacks. Apparently the name of the recipe is in reference to a slang term similar to "jimdandy" (which will be added to my vocabulary immediately). 

So I put that recipe in my back pocket and decided that if I wanted something done, I was going to have to do it myself. Although doing it myself basically entailed making Alton Brown's The Chewy recipe and replacing the chocolate chips with crushed up caramel popcorn and peanuts.

 
For the entire jimdandy recipe, visit Foodbeast.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment