Friday, February 3, 2012

Chocolate Covered Nerds

Do you struggle with keeping your Nerds in one place? I know I do. After eating a box of them, a couple always seem to wind up in my pocket. So I've figured a way for those little bits of rainbow goodness to stay in once place (and make them even worse for you!). Cover them in chocolate, duh!


Chocolate Covered Nerds

Ingredients
  • bark of your choice (my preference was the white, but if you are looking to cut the sweetness of the Nerds, go with the regular chocolate)
  • Nerds (I used Rainbow Nerds)
Directions
  1. Melt the bark.
  2. Stir in Nerds.
  3. Drop spoonfuls of Nerds/chocolate mix onto a wax-covered baking sheet.
  4. Chill in freezer until set.
I just used bark because it's usually what I use to cover things in chocolate, but using chocolate chips would work just as well. Chocolate chips would give you a higher chocolate-to-Nerds ratio as they have a thicker consistency than bark when melted. This would certainly increase your chocolate options. Oh, I bet peanut butter chips would be great with Nerds. Project!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who suspected this might be a delicious idea. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't always work out that way, but yea, these were great!

      Delete