Yes, strawberry shortcake is something most people associate with summer, but I don't believe in seasonal desserts. As long as you can find the ingredients (and are willing to pay the price for out of season fruit, etc.), you should just make whatever you want year-round. Of course, I didn't make make an actually strawberry shortcake, but the sentiment remains the same.
Strawberry Shortcake Bark
- 1oz dried strawberries
- 4 store bought individual sponge cakes
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- Prep baking sheet with wax.
- Coarsely chop strawberries, and either food process or hand demolish the cakes until they are crumbs.
- Melt the chocolate chips and spread out on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle strawberries evenly over the chocolate, then cover the rest of the chocolate with the cake crumbs, pressing down when you are done.
- Put in fridge until set, and then break into "reasonably-sized" pieces.
I really enjoyed getting that summer flavor of the strawberries and cake with the heartier background of the white chocolate. Another dessert in bark form for the win!