Friday, March 2, 2012

2-Ingredient Peppermint Fudge

I think I kind of sometimes like peppermint. Baskin Robbins' Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream was my go-to back in the day, and Thin Mints are super tasty (especially when you keep them in the freezer, oh, and when you make truffles out of them). But other than that, there aren't many peppermint-flavored things that I eat on purpose. However, my discovery of this fudge recipe coincided with me seeing Peppermint Frosting at the grocery. And shortly after that I purchased a bag of dark chocolate and mint chips. The pair seemed like the perfect first attempt at this recipe.


2-Ingredient Peppermint Fudge

Ingredients
  • 16oz frosting (I used Peppermint)
  • 12oz chocolate chips (I used a dark chocolate and mint mixed bag)
Directions
  1. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with wax paper for easy removal.
  2. Melt chocolate chips.
  3. Stir in frosting.
  4. Spread into prepped pan.
  5. Cool completely in fridge and then slice that bad boy up.
Here's how the second part of the last step went for me: *Taste* Eh, I don't really care for it. *Slice. Slice. Taste.* Nah, it's not really great. *Taste. Slice. Taste.* There's just something... *Taste* that isn't quite... *Taste. Slice.* Well, actually... *Slice. Taste. Taste*

So it took a few tries, but it definitely grew on me. Super peppermint-y, but super creamy, too. As always, I think this is a great recipe because you can use just about any flavor chip/frosting that you could want. And seeing as both of the flavors I chose were specially made for the holidays, you are on your own for that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment