In the meantime though, let's focus on another fall favorite: caramel apples. Red, green, rolled in nuts or not, caramel apples are a great combo of chewy and crunchy, of sweet and tart. But they are a mess, right? Well, I'm about to share a way to get rid of the goop and keep the taste in tact.
Caramel Apple Bark
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- 1c dried Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped
- 1c Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/2 cocktail peanuts (not roasted), kind of finely chopped like "nut topping"
- Prep baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave and then spread over waxed paper.
- Sprinkle apples, caramel bits, and then nuts over chocolate and press them into the melted chips.
- Let set in the freezer and then break apart into consumable-sized pieces.
Fall-tastic! Just like a nutty caramel apple, but with a little extra sweetness from the white chocolate. Shout out to Kraft for creating these new caramel bits that allow me to use caramel in more recipes with less hassle.