German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
(adapted from Cookin' Cowgirl)
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix
- 1t baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c oil
- 1/2t vanilla
- 1/2 can Coconut Pecan frosting (do what you will with the rest)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, sift cake mix and baking powder, then add the eggs, oil, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Scoop out 1.5T of batter, roll it into a ball, and make a little hole in the middle.
- Fill the cookie with about 1t of frosting and then close the rest of the cookie around the frosting the best you can.
- Place 2 inches apart on parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
I wouldn't be too pressed about wrapping the cookie around the frosting perfectly, it's still going to be come exposed during the baking process, but that kind of keeps it contained to a certain degree. Letting them cook and set up on the cookie sheet before you dive in is a good idea, or else they may fall apart. But they are still going to taste awesome regardless, so I won't judge you if you can't wait.