Have you ever had spumoni ice cream? It's good stuff. Basically it's layers of cherry, pistachio, and either chocolate or vanilla ice cream mixed with fruit and nuts. But surprisingly, some people believe ice cream is not for them. (Whatever, suckas. That just means more for me.) So guess what I did just for them. I turned it into fudge. Shocking, no?
Although it's not a visually fun as the ice cream, this fudge is a equally tasty way to enjoy all of that awesome spumoni flavor without the chill (and without having to worry about it melting!).
Yields 48 to 64 pieces of fudge depending on how small you cut it.
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- 1 box (3.4oz) pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations starter frosting
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Chocolate Almond flavor packet
- ½c pistachios, chopped
- ½c dried cherries, chopped
- Line 9x9 pan with wax paper.
- Mix Chocolate Almond flavor packet into starter frosting.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave and stir in pudding mix.
- Heat frosting (in the can sans the metal top) for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir frosting into melted chocolate until combined.
- Mix in nuts and cherries.
- Spread into pan and let set in fridge.
- Cut to desired size. (I usually cut it into four squares and then cut each square into 12 pieces).