Saturday, August 10, 2013

Deep-Fried Crescent Roll Wrapped Ho Hos®


I try to mix it up on the blog—not give you four fudge recipes in a row, even though I've made them all in a span of 48 hours. But sometimes I get on a kick, and I just have to get it out of my system. Right now, I'm obsessing over, well, lots of stuff, but two things I'll tell you about: cronuts and the return of Hostess® snack cakes. So what better way to express my joy about both than combining the two in to an epic cro-ho of awesomeness?




Deep-Fried Crescent Roll Wrapped Ho Hos


Ingredients
  • 1 can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
  • 5 Hostess Ho Hos
  • oil for frying
  • powdered sugar for coating
Directions
  1. Heat oil to 375 degrees in your totally worth the purchase Fry Daddy.
  2. Open crescent roll dough, unroll and fold in half to form a long, skinny rectangle. 
  3. Roll the crescent roll dough out slightly to reach a length of 15 inches and then cut into five 3-inch pieces.
  4. Place a Ho Ho on each piece of dough and wrap the snack cake fully, sealing the seams. (I would suggest removing excess dough from the ends for even cooking. Feel free to use that extra dough to make sure the Ho Ho is sealed in there good.)
  5. Fry each cro-ho for two minutes on each side until dark golden brown.
  6. Let cool for 4 minutes, then sprinkle with powdered sugar. 
Ho-ho-ly goodness, it's as if Pillsbury and Hostess had a tasty, tasty baby. These cro-hos are an amazing conglomeration of crispy crescent and warm gooey chocolate (and creme), and they are not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment